Therapeutic Listening® is an evidence–backed protocol that combines auditory-based intervention with sensory integrative activities to create a comprehensive program that is effective for diverse populations with sensory issues. Therapeutic Listening® can impact sensory modulation, attention, behavior, postural organization, and speech and language difficulties. It is a sensory-based auditory intervention that utilizes organized sound patterns in music to impact all levels of the nervous system.Trained therapists learn to use modulated CDs to set up programs for clients in homes, schools, and clinics.
Questions To Ask Your Provider:
- Are you trained in Therapeutic Listening®?
- What experience do you have working with individuals on the autism spectrum?
- How do I know that my child is a good candidate for Therapeutic Listening®?
- How much does this therapy cost?
- Do you offer payment plans?
- Are there headphones available to rent instead of purchase?
- Is there a waiting list? If so, how long?
- How long will my child need to do Therapeutic Listening®?
- How do you measure results? Will I receive written reports or updates?
- What is our family’s role in this type of therapy? What do we need to do at home to make this a success?
- How long does my child wear the headphones throughout the day?
- How often do we get a new CD?
- What do I do if my child does not want to wear the headphones? What if I want to discontinue this therapy? Are there any contracts we have to sign?